Allah is the Lord
اَلْحَمْدُ ِللهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِيْنَ Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the entire universe.(1:2)
In Arabic the word Rabb has three meanings: (i) Lord and Master; (ii) Sustainer, Provider, Supporter, Nourisher and Guardian, and (iii) Sovereign, Ruler, He Who controls and directs. God is the Rabb of the universe in all three meanings of the term.
A Selection of Articles
- People embrace the Religion of Allah in Large Crowds
- Al-Isra’ and Al-Mir‘raj
- The Invasion of Tabuk in Rajab, in the year 9 A.H.
- Generosity of the Prophet
- Islam being introduced to Arabian Tribes and Individuals
- Rulership and Princeship among the Arabs
- Differentiate 'God's will' and 'God's good pleasure'
- Delegations and Expeditions following Al-Muraisi‘ Ghazwah
- Concept of Lord God by Thamud People
- Jurayj and his Mother by Imam Bukhari