Allah is the Lord
اَلْحَمْدُ ِللهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِيْنَ Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the entire universe.(1:2)
In Arabic the word Rabb has three meanings: (i) Lord and Master; (ii) Sustainer, Provider, Supporter, Nourisher and Guardian, and (iii) Sovereign, Ruler, He Who controls and directs. God is the Rabb of the universe in all three meanings of the term.
A Selection of Articles
- Lam Ya Lid Wa Lum Yu Lud
- The Year of Grief
- Aspects of Pre-Islamic Arabian Society
- Location and nature of Arab Tribes
- Superiority Only in Righteousness
- The Farewell Pilgrimage
- The Third Stage
- The Invasion of Tabuk in Rajab, in the year 9 A.H.
- The Battle of Badr - The First Decisive Battle in the History of Islam
- Gheebah (Backbiting)