Allah is the Lord
اَلْحَمْدُ ِللهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِيْنَ Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the entire universe.(1:2)
In Arabic the word Rabb has three meanings: (i) Lord and Master; (ii) Sustainer, Provider, Supporter, Nourisher and Guardian, and (iii) Sovereign, Ruler, He Who controls and directs. God is the Rabb of the universe in all three meanings of the term.
A Selection of Articles
- The Battle of Uhud
- The Ideological Foundation of Islam
- Allah alone do we worship and Allah alone do we turn for help
- The Opening (Al-Fatehah)
- The Prophet on the Battlefield
- Zulm: Wrong-doing
- God created the heavens and the earth 'in truth'
- Do Not Speak Evil Openly Unless
- Kindness to Animals
- Ten Commands For Israelites and Muslims